The Care1st Gila Bend Resource Center is made possible by the innovative public and private partnership between Care1st Health Plan Arizona, First Things First and the Town of Gila Bend. The Town of Gila Bend provided the building facility while Care1st and First Things First provide funding for renovations and operations for the center. Gila Bend is responsible for recruiting participating non-profit agencies, coordinating their services and evaluating the outcomes. The non-profits are provided space in the center at no cost in exchange for providing the much needed services in the Gila Bend area. All programs and services that are listed are available to residents without cost.
- Helping Families In Need- Assistance with renewals and applications for AHCCCS.
- CAP OFFICE- St. Mary’s Food Market, Emergency food Boxes, Rental, Weatherization program and Utility assistance for Buckeye and Gila Bend.
- Employment Services—Assistance with filling out applications, and building resumes, PPEP Inc., Workforce Connections.
- TOPS—Teen pregnancy and support
- Behavioral Health Services
- Parenting Classes- Readiness Basket, and KidsWatch.
- SNACK- Car Seats.
- DUET- Grandparents raising grandchildren
- Printing, Faxing, and Copies Services
- Laptop and Wi-Fi use
- Telephone services
- Transportation Services
- JAG- Jobs for AZ Graduates
- Application Assistance