Ready, Set, Grow --- The Roosevelt Early Childhood FRC is a center where families and children bloom.
The Roosevelt Early Childhood Family Resource Center is located at Martin Luther King, Jr. School in South Phoenix. All of our programs are focused on the importance of parent - child interaction as a necessary component of early childhood development.
Classes and workshops that include both children and their parents/caregivers that include:
- New Baby Care Workshops
- Play and Learn for children 4 months to 5 years
- Story Time – drop in program for children and parents/caregivers to enjoy stories followed with hands-on activities to encourage early literacy
- Ready for Kindergarten for parents/caregivers to learn how to prepare children for kindergarten
- Partners in Parenting Education (PIPE) is a 20 session series for parents and children 11 to 19 months that encourages bonding and positive social and emotional development.
- Music Development is a drop-In program where parents and children can enjoy singing, playing and learning through music.
- The Outdoor Classroom: A place for nature learning is now under construction and will open Spring of 2015.
Other Programs specifically directed for families and parents include:
- Women’s Support Group that is open to all women who live in the community
- Arizona Community Training (ACT), a leadership development training course
- Case management services
- Resources and referrals
- Resource library
- Computers for public access
- Enrollment in Health-e app for health care and other social services
- A play room for parents and children